Police Record and Office Management Information System, aimed at automating records at police stations and offices. It was approved by the Federal Government in April 2005 with the total cost of 1.4 billion rupees, country vide. National Police Bureau (NPB) was given the task of its execution.
However, in 2006, the project was revised and the consultant Dialog Broadband (DBB) was selected; and IP Telephony System was added in the scope of the project. The network connectivity, from Dial-up to WiMax and Optic Fiber, was also added in the scope of work.
Objectives of the Project
- Provision of basic IT infrastructure to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Automation of Police Station record including FIRs and office management system (in four provinces, AJK, Northern Area Police, Railways Police, FIA Headquarter, National Police Bureau and ICT Police)
- Provide the required services to various police branches
- Designing of MIS to facilitate operational activities of police
- ERP solutions for police including finance & budgeting, assets & accounts, human resources, vehicle management, pay and procurements etc.
- Strengthening of Police Training Institutes for IT training
- Provide data sharing facility within Police department to enhance their operational capability to fight against serious and organized crimes
The first version of software of FIR, was deployed by the firm in August 2010 in Data Center of Central Police Office (CPO), Punjab. The following achievements have been made since August 2010; to onward:
- Data Center made operational at Central Police Office (CPO), with software deployment.
- 21-Offices of Central Police Office (CPO), Punjab made operational with hardware & application software of PROMIS.
- Lahore district, 80-Police Stations have been made operational.
- In addition to this, 57 police stations of eight other districts (Multan, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Faisalabad, Okara, Gujranwala and Jehlum) are supplied with partial equipment, connectivity and the application software of PROMIS.
- WiMax connectivity is established within district and fiber optic connectivity, outside districts to Data Center Lahore.
- Master Trainers: 29
- Data Entry Operators: 333
- FIRs recorded since Jan. 2011 to onward: 248343
Source: Police Computer Bureau.
Last Updated: 23-08-2013