The Punjab Police Welfare Fund is providing relief and support to all members of the department, in the shape of Dowry Charges for the marriage of daughters, Maintenance Allowance for relief to widows/children, Education Scholarship for encouraging/supporting children education on merit basis, Financial Assistance to support medical treatment, Funeral Charges on passing away of any member, and an additional salary upon retirement.
Last year’s total disbursement under the various heads of welfare comes to Rs. 509.808 Million to 19,880 beneficiaries.
Features of Punjab Police welfare fund Rules 2016
- Dowry charges for all daughters allowed in Welfare Rules 2016 as compared to pervious Rules where 2 daughter Dowry charges were allowed.
- All Public/Private Sector colleges/Universities are allowed for Education Scholarship with better rates and subjects as compare to Punjab Government Benevolent rules and previous Welfare Rules. Worthy IGP, Punjab shown deep concerns to accommodate maximum Children of serving/retired & deceased Police personnel in Scholarship Policy including Special Education, Technical education & Advance education subjects.
- As per Welfare Rules 2016 spouses & children of Police Officers/Officials are also allowed for Medical Financial Assistance.
- Rates for Maintenance Allowance have been enhanced in new Welfare Rules and procedure is changed for speedy disbursement to switch to ATM Cards.
- Rates for Special grant for death in service also improved to enhance the monitory benefit to the families of the deceased Police Officers/Officials.
- Mode of payment changed in the name of applicant to reduce unnecessary delays and inconvenience.