The Punjab Safe Cities Authority (PSCA), established under the Punjab Safe Cities Ordinance 2015, will ensure establishment, development and maintenance of an integrated command, control and communication system (PPIC3) for Police in major cities of the province for public safety. The Safe City is a concept for returning security and quality of life to today’s complex cities through the use of technology, infrastructure, personnel and processes.
In order to realize the vision of developing safe cities in the Province, PPIC3 Centre has been developed for Punjab Police in the city of Lahore, which will be subsequently established in the larger cities (Rawalpindi, Multan, Sargodha, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Bahawalpur) of the Province. Initially, PSCA has identified 2000 locations for installing more than 10,000 cameras for surveillance through a comprehensive survey. That includes the coverage of public institutions, key infrastructure, public roads, crime hotspots, VVIP routes, entry & exit points and public places in Lahore.
The Programme aims to bring together the innovative Concept of Operations (ConOps), quality focused business processes with integrated cutting-edge technology to provide an operational solution that delivers:
- Modern infrastructure to provide real-time information and intelligence.
- Provision of high quality emergency response systems to the public.
- Facilitate evidence based decision making in operationally critical situations within the Punjab Police departments to ensure seamless service delivery to the public.
- Implementation of a consolidated IC3 organizational operating model to optimize cross agency coordination, communication, and effectiveness of public safety and emergency services delivery.
Programme benefits include following:
- Improved Service Delivery
- Traffic Management
- Monitoring Law and Order
- Electronic Evidence Collection
- Crime Reduction
- Secure Police Communication
Page Last Updated: 03-02-2017